Monday, April 11, 2011

cynical or realistic ?


The wind that Anna Hazare blew, did make some waves, but did it lead to winds of change ? Time alone will tell.

I did not have my hopes too high and still don't. But was pleasantly surprised to see the decibel rise by youth on various social networking sites.

Changing the system is not a project or operation that can have a time frame, its a process which is dependent on so many parameters and the most critical is persistent effort of like minded people without hidden agenda.

The last part is virtually impossible according to me. Today most have a hidden agenda behind every action and if you dont have one, you are labelled naive. 

Maybe this is the beginning of the end of corruption and dichotomy in the system or just another drop in the sea of efforts which may not raise a tsunami of change, but an effort never the less.

I some how don't have my hopes to high. So does that make me a cynic ?

Cynics, how does one be one, is it a 3 step process or 1 ? Can you be cynical with respect to few things in life or most ? In that case do you become a partial cynic or veteran ?

Or am I being realistic in my approach ? Now isn't being realistic being border line cynical ?

Keeping my fingers crossed for a Incredible India dream and is still keeping the faith, albeit a little dimmer by the day, never the less its there. 

Jai Ho 





3 comments:

  1. Being cynical can be subjective too. I wouldn't consider Anna hazare's fast a victory at all. It is just the first stage in a long prolonged struggle. Unfortunately, the majority would go back to their normal life and consider the last few days a sweet memory of the time they stood up against injustice. Indians aren't good at follow ups. It is just too messy and time consuming. Our politicians understand that pretty well.

    s

    ReplyDelete
  2. True, its more like instant self gratification

    ReplyDelete