Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Driving .. me Nuts !!

my life was beautiful.. almost perfect.. and then i fine day i joined the driving school!!




the most sophisticated vehicle i had driven so far was a hero cycle, so the moment i hit the road, it was like da whole world is conspiring against me & will hit me before i blink.. my reflexes have always been slow, and now was time i was cursing it the most. i am a very reasonable person but my driving teacher would really rile me with his insensitive remarks. so ya in shot the whole world truly was conspiring.

got my driving license like a piece of cake. that was when it hit me that its the easiest thing to get in India and what lay ahead freaked me even more.. any demented loony could be on the same or other side of the road waiting to attack me !!

Nothing really prepares you for hitting the road alone the first time, i had taken lots of advice from my friends and the advices were remembered and applied depending upon the years of driving experience of my buddies. As expected Murphy 's law worked not just once but twice .. i banged twice in a gap of 20 mins.. my life was rocking.. literally.

after that it was from a series of mistakes i learned how to drive safe.

i now fear only other cars, bikes, suvs, trucks and buses.. no longer scared of cycles and scooties.. ya i have come a long way..

earlier i would sit beside my friends, hear them swear like crazy and from my high pedestal reprimand them for using abusive language.i have graduated there too.. now i use the choicest of swear words that my father refuses to go on a drive with me..
so guys i totally empathize with you when you abuse.. these dumb @$7^ers so deserve it !!

i in past would hate to get my way around the world by using the fact that am a girl. now i blatantly abuse that fact. If a smile guarantees help in parking it right .. then what the heck why not?? if that helps in not getting a ticket.. sure it warrants a sweet smile.. hell i dint know the power of smile.. untill now !!

well once i master the art of driving the smiles will of course disappear.. my faithful grunge will be back .. untill then say cheeeese :)

2 comments:

  1. hv never attempted driving b4..but i can relate to ur experience driving on the indian roads must be crazy..i shudder at the thought of me learning to drive someday :(
    n i salute u for even attempting any such thing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. :)

    ajit is a good teacher.. calm n composed.. so dun worry .. u r in safe hands

    ReplyDelete