Saturday, July 31, 2010

knowing to Noing

I have always been a believer of self. Don't take or give  unsolicited advice. Always thought that you wont know what the other person feels unless you go through the same and no two people are same.

In short Stupid :)

I of course have committed “n +1” number of mistakes, some I magnanimously, some I grudgingly, some I sheepishly and for some I was brutally cornered to  accept !! and of course there are others I still refuse to accept.

In short still stupid :)
Anyways today I learned something beautiful from my kid bro.

I had a friend whom the rest of my friends and family just did not approve of and I really could not care less because I thought I knew better and would always get upset with my family when they voiced their opinion on my choice of friends.

But an incident proved to me how right they all were. Of course accepting that the world was right and I was wrong is such a humbling experience I can do without as I love my cocky self or so I thought.

Hence I had decided not to tell anyone about this but then you can run but not hide from your own self and I disclosed it to my bro and that is when he said something beautiful.

Essence of what he said was : sometimes from very close quarter, everything looks so big that you do not see the bad and sometimes a bird eye view gives you a better perspective to life and people in it.

Which I think was very true in my case.

So I learned my lesson the harder way, hope you have a better experience than me but thank god its not a bitter lesson for me either :)

I guess I have to learn to be more of a sponge, absorb all that is around and then squeeze out all I don't need but absorbing everything unconditionally is vital and very difficult because of the year of self conditioning. But then improving self is an exhaustive but liberating feeling ... so here I go again with life, this time trying to be a bit more open  to start with ..

2 comments:

  1. your bro has a very good point of course... though we never tend to realise it, more often thsn not, its people watching from the 3rd person perspective who can see the flaws we miss out ( intentionally or otherwise )... good luck with the self improvemen :)
    have been trying that a long time.. always keep getting fooled again :s

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha very true, tx n wish u the same

    ReplyDelete