Monday, December 5, 2011

the truth about cats & dogs 2

I am not a cat lover like any other cliche dog loyalist and I never give cats a thought even when I see a real cute one. Having said that I do not encourage Dexter to growl or frighten them away either. That's against my "live and let live" principle and always want to inculcate good habits in dexter which I mostly fail in. But off late dexter too has stopped bothering with cats and am kinda proud about it as I like to believe because he has been reprimanded by me often ;)

But off late a cat has been coming to our house past a month and once she even hit dexter with her paw and poor dexter sat like a big dodo get whacked by her who happens to be 1/20th his size! Not only that this cat would also growl (yes not meow like a cat but growl like a tiger) at my ma for milk. It was really funny as ma too would growl back to annoy her and she would growl with added lung power till my ma would admit defeat. At home we have been teasing dexter a lot about how a cat hit him and of course we never thought he would take things to heart.

Whether it was our constant teasing or the annoyance of sharing our affection with a third person (second being fluffy our part time  street dog  pet) but day before when the cat came home and started her usual banter for food Dexter scared the living hell out of her by barking at her till she ran off. What was funny was initially she did not budge till dexter started hopping mad at her.

Ha Ha. Dogs and Cats ... the story continues.. 

2 comments:

  1. our dog Ruby and her mom used to tag team and ambush many an unfortunate cat... now that she's alone, she just gives a mild bark letting them know she's around... ur post reminded me of her glory days... once a cat gave her back nicely on her face... in the end both were sitting next to each other and drinking milk the same evening

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha ha, that was a good one.. wish u had clicked a pic it wld have been hilarious to watch

    ReplyDelete