Monday, December 5, 2011

make shift world

A few days back I was waiting for the lights to go green at an signal and then I saw an old man with a hug bag on his head and bow legs crossing the street with lots of difficulty. I wanted to give the man a lift to his destination but was scared what if the destination was not safe for me. My inward battle continued but the lights turned green and unfortunately I had to drive ahead but I went back to him and gave him money for his destination ride. He looked at me trying to figure out whether I had a catch to it. The simplest thing to do was just move on. So I dont know whether he took the ride in the rickshaw or not but my conscience weighed a little less even though what I did was a peace meal approach.

Great people are selfless and make this world a better place and for the lesser people like me, we create our little make shift world which we try to better. 


No comments:

Post a Comment