Tuesday, February 23, 2010

lotus in the muck ...

i am a short circuit and what fuses me quickest is the crab mentality prevailing here in our country.. so socializing is really not my cuppa..

my bro always tells me am over critical and i conveniently blame it on my perfection. 

like i said yday i am bitten by the "bring in a change in me" bug so am off on to prove to myself the already proven theory that " world is how you look at it" i have started being a bit more open to others, i have never been the judgmental but now i am trying to be find the lotus in every muck i meet !!

very cheeky of me i agree but trust me its really mucky around here .....

Anyways i was discussing my new change in attitude with my brother who also happens to be an AOL (art of living) teacher..

during the conversation i was telling him about my admiration for the Chinese, I have no love for communism but the way they are growing by supporting each other always awes me more so when we have a similar socio - economic constraints and yet they are way ahead of each other.. 

then we moved on to discussing how much we both admire the Japanese. I have worked with them and their attitude towards profession and family has always been in sync with what i had read. 

My bro told me something real interesting about them ..

in japan, children are taught about teamwork right from childhood as the toys there are made heavy so that no child can lift it alone and would require a group to ensure that they can play with the toy. so they learn the nuances of teamwork right before they learn to speak a complete sentence !!

 aol school is replicating the same philosophy in their school in bangalore called shri shri ravi shankar vidyalaya

i hope more kindergardens take this up and the gen next learns to grow out of crab mentality and set example in team work to make India shining a dream come true sooner !!




No comments:

Post a Comment