Sunday, April 11, 2010

its not what you have, but what you give that defines you !

was in bhopal recently, the heat there was draining off my spirit but the large heart of a little boy just made my heart and spirit soar up again

i was outside an hospital, and really loosing whatever little cool i was left with as i could not trace the car driver then i see this little boy who did not look from a well to do family was relishing on glucose biscuits, i was watching him to distract my mind off the heat and the agony of the wait, this little boy eats a couple of biscuits and then offers the other two to the hungry street dog, i was touched but the generosity of a four - five year old kid.

Not only that, he also gave the dog a share of his water, his thoughtfulness just touched me.

its not what you have, but what you give  that defines you !

wish we all too could be like the little boy, luckily i did have a bar of chocolate in my bag and this was probably my only bar of chocolate i was happy to give it off to someone with 100 % of joy in my heart.

i dont think i will ever meet him again but am sure this little boy will grow up to be a wonderful human being ..

thanks for reminding me the joy of giving :)

No comments:

Post a Comment