Saturday, February 21, 2015

Letting go of my spark

My first car is a Chevrolet spark. I learned the nuances and not so nuances of driving in this car. If I had to describe it as a character I would say its Ramu Kaka, always silently listening to my or my brother's gestures, soft spoken ( I could never find a blaring horn which would fit it !), never complaining, low on maintenance - he wore the same seat covers for 7 years without wearing them off, always gleaming with the choukidar ka diya hua snaan of ganda pani ( Car wash given by our building watch man with unclean water). Always reliable and rarely wanting attention.

Yes my chevy baby is quintessential Ramu Kaka of Bollywood movies.


But past few months, Ramu Kaka has been giving trouble and now logic tells me to let go and my heart says how can I let go.

The joy of new car is somehow not making the sadness of letting go of an old friend bearable.


Wish done with the old and on with the new was my funda of life.

Well humans are really silly or is it me. Letting go makes us sad, new things makes us restless and yet the eternal truth of life is change.

So here I am with a little tear a big bag of fond memories of time spend together learning to let go of my spark



No comments:

Post a Comment