Wednesday, July 15, 2009

i am VIP for myself !!

yesterday I was pleasantly surprised by the lady guard at a mall I visited. Usually they are cut and dried kinds, on the verge of being rude and this one was smiling. I was really touched by the warm smile and I told her that she is the first guard I met who smiled at me. Her reaction was something that surprised me. She at first did not get what I said so I repeated myself and then her smile broadened and she said to me,”you are the only one who noticed my smile today.”

I guess we get so busy with our hectic lives that if it were not a pre requisite to breathe to be alive we would even forget to do that !! (My bro always tells me when I am driving on a very crowded lane “didi breadth breadth!!” no kidding !!)

Why do we have to be so brusque to downright rude to strangers ? Of course with terrorist activities on a all time high we hold reservations in befriending a stranger but what about being good old polite to people ? Why is that so difficult ? A smile while interacting with people cant kill any one !!

Then I realized that forget others, we dont even treat ourselves well !! we love to criticize ourselves, forget to praise ourselves when we do something good, actually we might just go ahead and think its fluke that we did something good!! We never have time for ourselves, to reflect, to just be with ourselves and not think at all (now am going crazy u would say !!). But come on you know what am saying is true !

All this madness in our lives is to lead a better life.. to ensure that our beloved ones are taken care of. Dont we fall in our beloved ones for ourselves? Once I had overheard a mom telling her daughter, “ we are VIPs for ourselves”. How true!! And it also holds true for how we treat others.

I was planning to go to Dharamshala to be away from this mad mad world and give a shot at meditation for internal peace and check out if I have any spiritual craving and do I have any connection with my inner self. But now I think will a few days of change really change my attitude towards myself ? I guess not.

So now I am trying to feel good about my self on this gloomy rainy day but writing this post and patting my back and smiling at receiving a pat. Ya I have lost it !! laugh on !!

2 comments:

  1. there is a human being inside that tough look na?

    ei ma latest book is almost rolling out

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey deep.. what do u mean latest book ?????
    which are ur previous books? i did not know u r a writer !!!!

    lemme know da titles pl

    ReplyDelete