Tuesday, July 14, 2009

she watches wwf for a reason !!

I and ma love to go window shopping once a while together. Its fun to see ma's expression when she hears the cost of coffee at a snooty cafe or a real revealing dress at a store and I always make best use of such situations reminding her how lucky she is as she does not have to loose her sleep over her daughter wearing stuff she does not approve of.

At home I have this dubious distinction of being the one with shortest of temper and ready to mess people up bad if they mess with me. Trust me my folks have a penchant for overdoing their praises when I am the subject.

Yesterday ma and I went shopping and we had a good time.. retail therapy again worked its charm. As I picked my bag from the baggage counter, I saw a diamond earring that took my fancy and off I ran after it asking ma to pick my umbrella from the b counter. The security lady for some reason refused to give ma my umbrella, my ma tried explaining her but the lady cut her out seeing I guess she is the docile types. My ma went”wait till my daughter comes” and of course I came and ensured that I got my umbrella back.

Ma was like “i knew you would set her straight” and we busted off laughing. Some times you have to assertive (wont use the word bully my ma was using) to ensure work gets done. You know right its a bad bad world out there and if you are meek and docile they take you for a ride royally. When ma narrated home what happened there to tease me further, baba goes” of course she sees wwf with a reason.”

well laugh you guys all you want but the bottom line is that is one of the fastest way to get work done when you are right.






No comments:

Post a Comment