Friday, August 21, 2009

bombay meri jaan !!

I had gone a couple of weeks back to wasabi for an official lunch. This was my first time after the terror attack. I was too busy with work to give it a thought earlier in terms of this place was where it all had happened not many months ago.

But the moment I reached there, there was a part of me which was anxious and another which just wanted to go away from there as all the images on the tv started flashing back in my mind and when we went to the restaurant for lunch though its now located else where, I was not at ease. Of course to the world I was enjoying good company, interesting conversation and fine cuisine, inward I could not feel more restless wanting time to fast forward to the out of the hotel part.

Amidst all these silly pandemonium of thoughts running riot I noticed the captain, he was taking such good care of us as though nothing really had happened here after realizing this I started looking around at the other employees there and I was really amazed. Of course its been long so they would have got over the initial nerves but still the memories would not be that far,they have lived through the terror, they bared the brunt of it and yet they were there the moment it opened back. And here I am acting like a coward getting all panicky and silly.

The thought really humbled me and on my way out I silently saluted the spirit of taj and bombay.


2 comments:

  1. heyy i hope you are keeping well .. na?
    your mumbai moving abouts hope will not get u face to face with those stupid viruses ...

    yup mubai is always meri jaan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi there.. how is ur book launch coming along ?
    its no where close to da media hype created... it takes much more dan silly viruses to keep us down n out..

    :)

    ReplyDelete