Monday, August 31, 2009

Peace .. my butterfly white

the moment I think of this word, a white lotus smiling brightly in a green pond is what comes first to my mind. On the surface there is tranquility but to attain that a lot of ripples have lived and died.

You too must have heard these lines..

"i have no peace", "there is no peace", "where is peace?", "its so peaceful that I am scared it will go.", "oh she / he rests so peacefully ", "she / he looks so peaceful."

and lot many lines where peace is the hero!

What is peace ? Is it the absence of worries and troubles ? Is it remaining in current state and finding tranquility there in isolation or finding a harmonious co existence ? Is it a feeling of power or is it the absence of it ?

To me peace is an illusion. It mostly consists of a laundry list of goals we have set for ourselves in particular and for the world at large. Once the listed articles are ticked we feel we would have attained peace and we are about to jubilate, then all of a sudden here goes the ever illusive butterfly on another branch and we are set off on a new search of peace. Life is full of paradox and peace definitely fits the bill to the t. One goes through rain and hell water to find it and yet the moment you achieve it, you realize it is a mirage.

I enjoy my chase to find peace, as it is full of motion, some motions set me ahead, some of them set me back to where I started, further some more make me loose track of what I first was thinking was the trail in my search of peace was and allows me discover a whole new world and with it a new road map to peace. Or maybe I find peace in my chase to find it. Who knows ? And is what I love about life, hindsight does not get you anywhere, foresight does not come so easy, being in the moment makes you feel powerful as you really have nothing to loose if you live for the moment and then there is hope to find peace some day.

By the way who ever attains peace dies. So better get that shoe from reebok as its on sale and run in your chase for peace and take good time to find it !!








once when I was in a queue to get my toll pass for using the vashi bridge, I encountered mr cool dude, he was enjoying the breeze and the scenic beauty of the vashi creek. Really found his in peace so captured him on my mobile and next is the view he and I both found enchanting.






Funny I never notice this when I drive over this bridge twice daily !! so much for the chase eh !

No comments:

Post a Comment