Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Bring it out.. in words

Some days back I and my bro got into this mad fight, those who know me personally would say, whats new buddy. No this was mother of all fights. Anyways now its all water below the bridge.

But what I realized was blood sure is thicker than water. Come what may you tend to forget, forgive, make up, give in, and make a new beginning. All cause you are connected by blood. Funny thing about blood relations, you not only don't get to choose it. You are stuck with it for life. So might as well make things fun till you have to bear it.

But why do differences crop up ? Differences of opinion is mainly cause for anguish be it in couple, siblings, family, friends, group, country, world.

As children we didn't have so many opinions, our main objective was to play and have fun. Anything beyond this would not be registered and would never gain importance.

As we grew up, we included other objectives to this list like being better than the rest, proving that we are right, always, taking advantage of others etc. The basic principle behind all these objectives was – I, me, myself at any cost.

With our thinking being screwed to accommodate only ourselves, we fail to empathize or value others point of views. We get more adamant and forget our old teachings. And then comes the great conflict which could have been resolved if only we had tried to listen what the other person had to say and told exactly how we felt.

With time and experience I have realized that when in conflict with people who really matter, the best way out is to put in words what you wanted to communicate and what clarifications you want. While doing so not only do you get time to cool down but also see things in clear perspective. In past when I would be writing down mails or letters during in conflict, while putting it in paper itself I would realize that some of things I am fighting bout are so immaterial and silly that I would laugh it off with the opposite party and rest issues that needed solution, once down in words that can be reread for better understanding, the opposite party too is clear why you feel what you do and is in a better position to clarify or act in a way that would be beneficial for both.

Try it out guys. This always works. Yep you guessed it. My bro did get a huge point wise mail from me and there is peace once again in La La land.


this is light years ago when i would babysit my bro..



i still do .. but he wont agreee...........

2 comments:

  1. i hope the bridge above the water is intact!
    sounds wise ... just that it wont perhpas work when our temper is like a kite in twister!

    ReplyDelete
  2. above the bridge is lot many things ..

    well this method helps best when temper is like a kite in a twister :)

    ReplyDelete