Friday, June 26, 2009

Ma now I know

Now a days Dexter is very angry with me.

I dont give him chocolates or sweets. I have told ma to reduce the carbohydrate from his diet, he has to eat multivitamins, calcium & cod liver oil gels every single day and I take him for longer walks. All this in my attempt to make him lean. I was told by my vet that he is overweight by 2-3 kg and has to quickly reduce it.

Earlier I would brag bout how I spoil him but now I just realized by doing so I was doing him more harm than good. So took a 360 deg change in approach and that has baffled Dexter. He always did not like me for being the one who would give him the medications and I would try to pacify him by giving chocolate goodies but now I dont even share my goodies with him is something he cannot take.

Enough injustice he has beard so he is on revolt.

Yesterday when I came home after a tour of 3 days he did do the song and dance number to welcome me but when I did not give him a share of goody I brought he stopped talking to me and was fuming. No I am not exaggerating here.. ask my ma.

Then I realized I too would do the same thing with my parents when they would not allow me to do something which they thought was not right and similarly even when I get angry with God when he does not make things happen my way.

In a way we all act like Dexter. We fret and get mad at people who love us the most and would do anything to make our life a little better like our parents or siblings or spouse or friend. We take their love for granted and instead of trying to understand why they behave in a particular manner we go on our little trip with the “no one cares for me” number.

Ma was grinning when I told her am sorry for being a pain. She said I have more in store as I have yet to get human children who make a new definition each generation of “being a pain”.



2 comments:

  1. ohh sure thing ....
    but it s always a plsent thing to have someone whom we can love and feel loved by someone ....

    obviously Dexter knows what to do when you come home ...

    me surfacing after a break, will take a while more to fully settle down ..

    ReplyDelete
  2. welcome back deeps. good u tuk ur time.. u too know that writing will help u get stronger.. so am happy u bck to writing .. god bless

    ReplyDelete