Tuesday, September 1, 2009

dexter my rescue ranger again !

During the 5 days of Ganapati puja, my entire family is vegetarian, including me and dexter. These are the most difficult days for dexter as he believes in non veg protein diet only. So we really have to cajole him to eat the paneers, kheers made with sugar free and the doggie treats but the sweetheart that he is, he would go through his plight with dignity. In case you are wondering who dexter is, he is my almost 5 year old Labrador.

So once we came back after the immersion of our lord, we were sad seeing our little temple still full of lights and beautiful orchids empty. But then dexter as usual came to our rescue.

The moment he smelled the egg ma made for him as we could not buy chicken at night, Dexter started dancing. He finished his dinner in a nanosecond and was hankering for more. When he had his heart's full of the eggs he started clowning around as though he had won mr universe crown. Doing his parades, showing off his victory as once again he ruled our lives as the non veg god ! And we all forgot our sadness and started narrating our favorite dexter story !

I guess he is one of the most wise and endearing personalities I have encountered in my life. Long back I had read this article on stories about pets uncanny nature of knowing the problems of the family which then sounded bizarre. At that time I was totally terrified of dogs as I could not get over the fright poor stray dog had given me. But today I know that poor guy was more terrified than I was.

Today I stand testimony to the fact that pets really make your world rock, either ways, make us sick with worry and apprehension when they are unwell and bring happiness with their antics and give our life a new meaning. Their total helplessness and complete faith in us makes me really go all sentimental as I know this kind of complete trust we humans as babies show only have it for our mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment