Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Life is like that only !!

well so much for being a strong believer of the philosophy of "The Secrets", i surely have a long way to go :).. for those lesser mortals who are yet not enlightened by this philosophy, here is the shortest version of it as interpreted by me .. " ask and you shall get"

like i said i felt miserable that day and instead of applying secrets i glorified this feeling .. reveling somewhere deep inside that i am some psychic (which of course i would strongly disagree to if asked then)

so the universe said so be it.. i was going to Udaipur on official purpose.. and as i had predicted ... things went off the handle right from the airport.. For about an hour i could not locate the car that had come to pick me up, the scorching heat acted as lubricant to my temper which anyways does not need much encouragement.

to make things even worse the animated discussion I and the car driver were having for an hour drew a small amused crowd and finally a sympathetic man came up to me and said he would talk to the driver in local language to get clarification of the situation and there it was.... he was waiting for me in Jaipur airport and i was stranded at Udaipur airport .. Letters "J", " U" and "D" gained special importance in my life just then..

well now it seems funny but just then my world seemed to crumble and i mentally hugged myself waiting for further problems..

Due to massive mis communication (which is still an understatement) i was stranded in a city where there was no one from my office to help me with my work. after the initial panic got over and after a series of phone call to friends and work colleagues i felt i was ready for it all.. well all said too early...

the hotel i was booked in was called 'hotel hilltop" well for a reason .. it was actually over the hill.. that kinda freaked me.. it was an old palace converted into an hotel or so they told me.. at the reception not a soul .. wow what more could i ask for ... the rooms were white and huge and had an aura of old mystery and grandeur around it.. i double checked the huge white shower curtains, the window curtains, the door curtains for traces of spirit.. none i could see .. that dint do much to my composure as i believe you can feel them more than see them.. luckily for me i dint feel their presence inspite of my crazy anticipation.


well the silver lining was sure there .. i got help with my work from people whom i dint know until that day.. life is like that only.. you get pleasure when you dont seek it and sorrow when you feel it couldnt get worse.. just then it actually get a bit more worse.. as though sorrow is mocking you.. "hey buddy dont under estimate me"

my work got done smoothly in the two days of stay not only that the little adventure i had was fun.. i would not get an auto up the hill so i had to walk all the way down in my 6 inch platforms with the smoldering heat as my only company.. the spiraling way made me feel like transformed to another era where feet were the only mode of transport and i said a little prayer thanking god for petrol and automobile.. auto drivers rigged me off but i am still thankful to them as they really made efforts to locate the addresses of my destinations..i discovered that there are sculptures made from camel bone and also paintings done on flattened camel bone. i also discovered this beautiful city full of lakes, gardens.. handicraft and warm people..


in the past two days i have to thank so many strangers who have showered so many niceties on me without any expectation of returns. I am truly touched by these gestures ..

thanks manish, pramod, abdul, the auto drivers, rajesh, mr sonik,jigz, bro and nik


here are some of the pictures i took from my mobile.. Udaipur you rock

i forgot the name of these two lakes




this is called doodh talai.. story goes .. folks from udaipur would pour a glass of milk every day in this talai so it had become white as it contained milk.. but gradually as minds started getting devious, one man thought why not add half glass milk and half a glass of water .. then another thought.. in this milk why not add only water.. and gradually the talai began to contain only water n no doodh.. ironic


can you imagine a Kali Mata carved from tree trunk in a gardern in udaipur.. truly incredible India !!

3 comments:

  1. Yes, truly Incredible India...I hope someday I get to visit all these places. Anytime I go to India, I end up being with family and catching up on their lives...

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) yea india is so diverse .. never stops to amaze us .. he he .. i can imagine.. i get awfully homesick wen am away from home.. family .. cant live with them cant live without them

    ReplyDelete
  3. whats on your mind is in your hands :)
    u write so beautifully im amazed to read it actually i am enjoying it ...
    i like your gratitude towards people in ur life :)

    ReplyDelete