Saturday, April 11, 2009

random acts of kindness

today i was really touched by the auto driver in bangalore.. i was in a rush to reach the airport and dinno where the bus stand to the airport was, this auto driver took me there with lots of consultation and waited till i got a bus so that i boarded the right bus.

so many times total strangers or people who otherwise seem to be not too kind touch our lives with acts of kindness..

there is this old aunty in our housing block who is really annoying most of the times with no regards to other people's time so usually steer clear of her way when she comes home but one day what she told me changed my attitude towards her, she said she keeps water in bowls outside her window so that the birds can drink that water since it is so hot outside.. later i read an article on the effect of the summer blast this year on animals, the writer suggested the same thing in order to care for the birds. it was so thoughtful of her. ma and i too decided to do the same. now she has gone to her son's house, so the birds have a new water joint.

thoughtfulness always makes the world a better place

one of my family friend adopted a street dog that had a leg less so that she could take care of him. her love for the dog, he is called "leet" , now don't ask me why, is very touching. he is her bundle of joy and even though she herself is sick because of diabetic complications, she goes all the way to take uttermost care of him..leet is old now and has a lot of diseases because of his age. yet to her he is the most beautiful baby ever.

its not one of act of kindness.. its years of responsibility


once i was in chennai airport and my friend came there to see me off as we couldn't meet during my stay in there. we met after long and had lots to catch up on but then an old gentleman comes up to us and asks us directions to a place in the city.. my friend tried directing him but on realizing that the man is unable to understand, we called his son up to pick him up.. but the son said he is busy at work and the old man would have to wait there untill he was done.. my friend readily agreed to drop him home.. the smile on the old man's face still warms my heart and made me feel proud of my friend. we couldn't catch up with each other after that but he did ensure someone was safe and sound.

smile is the most precious gift one can give

once i and my friend were just about to dig in our chocolate cone ice cream during an hot summer day, two small kids came running to us begging.. usually i don't entertain child beggars but that day was so hot so we both gave away our ice creams .. the smile and the fun way these kids relished the ice cream is still very green in my memory..

joy given others brings in greater joy..

there are so many instances where in an elder animal acts as surrogate mother to a baby of different species.. i use to collect these pics they would give in the paper.. they remind me of life is beautiful.

these random acts of kindness done by stranger to stranger forms an unforgettable bonds which binds the universe. reminds us that our lives are inter connected.. be it humans, animals, plants..

a touch .. a smile.. a gesture.. a shoulder .. a hand.. a ear.. is all it takes to make a little difference in this otherwise senseless.. selfish.. insensitive.. cruel world..

and thank god that so many creatures do go all out and really make this world a better place to live with their selfless acts of kindness..



Just to add on to this .. one of my friend was reading this post and then told me that he keeps buckets of water outside his shop for cows and dogs along with birds to drink

i am again touched by this thoughtful gesture

ok virain now you can send me the choco box you promised for writing you name in my blog and making u world famous in India :D

No comments:

Post a Comment