Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Sweet and Sour ketchup of life .. its different

I always wondered when I ate sweet and sour tomato ketchup that how can it be both sweet and sour. (Now wait a minute! Do we Eat or Drink ketchup.. Brilliant question.. Can be really taken up for research.. any takers there ??)

Well I guess best eg of sweet and sour is life. Some days are so plain and boring and then out of no where we experience something unique that makes life all spiced up. And I guess its the surprise package called experiences that makes all the difference !!

Some really funny and some no so funny experience I can term as sweet and sour sauce are down here

once while crossing the road as a school kid, a small girl from no where came and caught hold of my hand and asked me to help her cross the road.. (Sweet) after I did she just vanished I was wondering was she really there in the first place. She was very pretty just like a baby doll I had then.

What did I expect a 5 year old to do anyways ? (Sour)
So here the strange bit was my expectation for a thank you

another one was really funny one about putting my foot in my mouth.. giving you the latest eg as I have a Phd in that one

I was at a friends engagement ceremony and I was with sitting with a girl I met there and the photographer was making the couple take 1970's poses so I told the girl “these oldies shouldn't be in the photographing professional as they really make them take antic silent movie poses.” and she goes “ he is my uncle” (Sour) and I was like,” ya true old is gold.” (Sweet)

what was I thinking man...


once during my mba days I realised the sheer joy of bunking lectures. I took to it more seriously than religion (na in my case wwe as I am not into religion). We had a mid term exam in the 3rd lecture and I just had to bunk the 2 lectures prior to that as a new formed norm. Jigs and I reached the lecture hall bang on time (read 10 mins prior to 3 lecture) and we were shocked as the entire class is writing mid term exams and grinning at us (very bad manners !!) and we are the only (over) smart asses outside. (very Sour) As we both were not good at cooking up tales we meekly requested to be forgiven, our teacher was generous enough to give us 20 mins extra to finish the mid term paper. (sweet) and that was the fastest I had ever written a paper!! Schumacher you have competition here on paper !!

then onwards we were reformed. We would stay outside the class and bunk lectures the day there were mid term exams.


I was in Loretto Convent school till 3rd grade which allowed boys up till 4th grade so we had only 7 boys in our class of 37. we would make strategies to torture the boys and made their lives literally living hell. (Very Sweet) But as they say life is full of circles. In 3rd grade we moved to Vashi and went to Fr Agnel school which had co education. All of a sudden my life became a nightmare. In our class of 60 there were only 20 girls. Boys not only out numbered us badly I then learned a bitter truth about them they ace as bullies. My exploits as a bully that I was so proud of them then, dint even qualify as amateur in front of these pros. (Sour)

I was like a scared puppy in this mean mean world of bulldogs. But soon we had a girl gang and we took our revenge by studying better and becoming monitors. Ya the world is gol and har paap ka double role. So now you know who would be kneeling outside the class every day. (Sweet again)

My mom would buy sweets and hide them in the fridge. I really never understood her hiding place. Anyways and I would always as a child find it out too easy and then hide them in the best place where ma could not see but dont know how she would always know that its in there.. my stomach.

After being repeatedly whacked real hard by ma I decided I needed to outsmart her. So I nibbled the gulab jamuns and turned them upside down .. meaning the nibbled side down. (Yummy Sweet) Guests came over and were served nibbled gulab jamuns by me. All of a sudden I decided to become the angel daughter and hostess. But little did I know when the guests picked up their gulab jamuns they could see the nibbled portion and none of them ate it. I was even more happy. All the gulab jamuns are mine.

My happiness was short lived. Their kid had a bigger mouth than other parts of his anatomy. He very innocently asked my ma, did the mouse in the house nibble some part of his gulab jamun. That was it .. I not only had to apologize to all the people there I received a whacking that still has left scars in my soul (ya its a bit filmy so what). (Still very sour) But the kid with a bigger mouth than rest of his anatomy was not left either without a scar. We played dark room the next day at his place and I and my gang hit the shit out of him during the game. (How sweet wont you agree )


Well these are the ones I can remember as of now.. will be updating this one as I remember more incidences




No comments:

Post a Comment