Thursday, May 21, 2009

1st hope not the last

my 1st attempt at poem .. hopefully not the last.. could not rhyme.. more like prose .....

i m longing too long ...

i am longing for sunshine in the summer
i am longing to quench my thirst in the rains
i am longing for snow in the winter

i am longing for smile in the laughter
i am longing for hug in the embrace
i am longing for words in the chatter

i am longing for joy in the festival

i am longing for family in my people
i am longing for god in the temple


i am longing and not searching..
i am seeing but not seeking..

i am alive but not living

i am ....


i try to snap out but time has bound its chain real strong around me..
i pull hard, time groans in fury.. i give in..
then my soul comes for me .. cajoles me.. brings hope along ...
she smiles at me & pulls my hands
i then try.. wee bit harder..

so here i am... searching.. seeking.. alive...
in hope to meet my sunshine.. my rain... my snow...
ya i do go on with hope by my side...............


5 comments:

  1. Hey.. this has a soul of its own... very well composed... u dont hav to worry about rhyming... its never absolutely necessary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think it s not merely about word arrangment or rhyming or the flow ..
    but the emotions and feelings that one packs it with that makes the differnce ...

    "I am longing for smile in the laughter
    i am longing for hug in the embrace
    i am longing for words in the chatter"

    look at you ..
    ohhh..!! these are just amazing lines, thoughts, ideas .. splendid .. doesnt matter if you are at it first time or 101st ...

    hope is the last thing to die they say ... here, i stand by you in your search..

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank u so much arindam and deeps for ur words ....u guys made my day...

    points noted & will be more enthused about poetry... thanks again

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its nt the rhym.bt the thout that materss..nd ya gt all figured upp...gd goin

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey thanks... will keep dat in mind ..

    ReplyDelete