Tuesday, May 19, 2009

follow the leader !!

Yesterday I was at the delhi airport waiting for my luggage, to my surprise our luggage conveyor belt was the same as that of indian army flight from leh. I had never met army jawans and it was a pleasure seeing a plane full of them.

I just wanted to go and tell them how proud we are of them but was feeling a bit shy and just then a guy went up to them and said the same. It made things real simple for me.. I just tagged along with this guy and shaked hands with the jawans and said its a honor to meet them in person.

They were a bit surprised at first and them gave me a warm smile that I still cherish. In fact I also got to have a little chat with a man who was older and more than happy to chat..

I guess it always takes this little push or nudge from some invisible force for us to do something we want to but dunno bout the consequence or are too chicken to start with..

am really happy that the guy took an initiative and I followed him !!


5 comments:

  1. And what pushed that guy is what I wish to push me always

    ReplyDelete
  2. great feeling ha?
    i think i have had to travel with a few of them on number of occasion, but by train and that gives lot of time not to speak to them, but to listen to the real story of their lives ...

    not an easy one to live by the way...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi akshay.. great to know that u love to be the leader

    dear deeps, i totally agree, for one of our brands we had donated money to army wives welfare association and there i came to know a little bout their saga... remembering the same still leaves a lump in my throat

    ReplyDelete
  4. that was a lovely gesture.. they really deserve our gratitude.. theirs is a thankless job, staking their lives for our safety.

    ReplyDelete
  5. true.. and whats best inspite of their plight the pride have and cheer they spread..

    ReplyDelete