Thursday, May 14, 2009

follow my preaching !!

I was in an auto yesterday and a beggar girl came with incense sticks to sell to me, I told her to go ahead.

Once the auto moved I realized my folly. I never give money to little children or women or men who seem like cons, its only the elderly that I feel are helpless and hence begging. I also feel these kids / men / women should do some job .. sell some thing instead of begging..

And yesterday I had an opportunity to follow my preaching and I let go of it .. I should have bought the incense sticks.. well today I hope the girl is still there at the signal and people like me realize our folly and buy the incense sticks and let a person get out of the vicious trap of begging and lead a life full of self respect and pride !!

2 comments:

  1. it s quite unlikely ... if you find her again, plse let us know as well ..i mean, certain things in life never get repeted!

    bye the way, it would be nice if you post only one per day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beggars like canines are very territorial, this girl is there every day. i did meet her yesterday and bought her stuff..

    do agree certain things never happen again

    well i guess writing is all bout inspiration.. so sorry cant promise that :)

    ReplyDelete