Tuesday, May 19, 2009

I want that toy !!

As a kid when I would do the “i want that toy!” tantrum, my baba would just let me wail and pull all my strings by sitting outside a toy store and creating a scene. My ma would sometimes tell baba to give in but baba would be as firm as a mountain and I would wonder when my wail had subdued to whimper and I would get in the reflective mode( well at 4 years too I was quite a thinker !! ya donkey does praise own tail at times !!!) and wonder is this man the same who would sweep me in his arms and play hide and seek with me before sleeping every night. Of course I had a very bad short term memory so I would forget all bout my need for that toy and focus on the dairy milk bar my baba bought me !!!

today I am really thankful to baba for teaching me not to get adamant, to learn to move on and if something aint yours, it never was to be.. find better alternatives in life.. to look at everything with a deeper perspective.. to learn to let go.. to give, share and care (this one in general.. not from the eg given above)

one of my friend got unlucky with love and the way he is hankering for it reminded me of the toy I once wanted.. his tantrums were so similar, he wanted the girl's love just like I wanted the toy, when the girl dint want to give any...

so many of us are unlucky in love.. or are we ? In bengali, we have this saying “you dont really know a person until you start living with them !” how true.. so if you are not lucky in love.. let go of that toy (metaphorically speaking here..no offense meant !!) there are many more in the store.. check them out .. you just might find something better in store for you.. literally :)

2 comments:

  1. hats off to your baba for being steadfast in his love for his girl
    and to you too as well for getting it all right..

    ReplyDelete